The COVID-19 pandemic has caused so much disruption and chaos in the livelihood of millions all over the globe. With so many of us staying at home, it is important for businesses to have a prominent digital presence that is both visible and convincing.
It is important to get one thing straight-Social Media has become an inseparable part of our personal and professional lives. It plays a crucial part in the marketing strategy for any business today.
In today’s digital world, Millennials and Generation X represent a vast proportion of social media users be it Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Twitter, and so on. Keeping this in mind, Digital Marketers need to help brands build a credible reputation on social media platforms.
Since the social media landscape keeps changing rapidly, businesses should use these various channels to create effective engagements and create a loyal client base. In the current digital world, you need to create a top-notch Social Media marketing strategy for 2021.
Here are some useful techniques, hacks, and tips that can help you create a strategy that fits your business on social media in 2021.
1) Posting is Key- If your business is not yet on social media or the account is not very active, well have no fear. Always keep in mind that social media marketing is very cost-effective and efficient compared to traditional means of marketing. Do some research to see the social media platforms that target your audience frequently. Always try to stay consistent while posting any content and engage with your audience by responding and liking their comments whenever you post. When you post consistently, customers will feel that your brand is trustworthy and reputable.
2) Set your social media goals– Before deciding on a great strategy, it is important to keep social media goals for your business, for example, what is the main intention and what will you achieve on social media? Each business will have its own strategies but their goals will be more or less the same-How to generate more leads and increase revenue? How to increase your brand awareness and make it well known? Setting these goals will help you get a clear path for what you want to achieve in your brand.
3) Find your audience- You can always find your audience by asking yourself who you are targeting. What is their age, gender, personality? What are their interests and more importantly what content would they like to see? Answering these questions can help you figure out the kinds of content you should be posting on your social media pages to help attract your audience.
A simple example with respect to age groups, you will find Gen X and millennials on Instagram, TikTok, and Snapchat and the older generation on Facebook. The best way to know their preferences is with polls and surveys on a regular basis which will help with understanding the changing preferences of the audience.
4) Insightful Content– Whether you post videos, photos, text, GIFs, live chats, polls, you need to get creative with your social media content to see what works best for your target audience so that they do not get bored. Instagram has this feature called Reels which many businesses are implementing in order to gain more followers and add variety to their profile.
Another great feature is that story highlights, posts, hashtags can be saved, reposted, and measured for performance. Facebook and Snapchat have similar features. Stories also allow a higher engagement level because many interactive functions can be used such as poll voting, question box, countdown stickers, and much more. When you have a diverse social media profile; there is a better chance for your business to get recommended to potential followers and customers.
5) Engagement and Interaction- A reliable way to start engaging with your followers is to do your best to respond to comments on your photos, videos, or stories. You will be providing them with excellent customer service and they will recommend you to their followers. You can also use user-generated content (content created by your followers after they use your product or service).By giveaways or contests, more followers will want to participate and then you will see a snowball effect. Your company will earn popularity and start gaining more followers on your social media handles. You can also shoot some exciting behind-the-scenes footage to get your followers intrigued about what’s coming.
6) Power of Influencers- Influencer marketing has become one of the biggest trends, no matter which online platform you are using. Influencers will help work closely with your brand and promote your products their huge fan following. You can either pay them with money or gift them a few samples with a link or code for their followers to use.
You can even collaborate with influencers to conduct contests. Just make sure it is easy to enter with not too many rules. Giving away one of your products can be a cost-effective way to increase your followers.
7) Keep an eye on competition- Spying on your social media competitors is a great marketing strategy to determine what you could do better at than your competition. Also; it can also make you decide not to do something based on the poor response by followers.
There are numerous ways of planning an effective social media strategy.
Are you looking to improve your business social media profile?
CONNECT US will help craft and design your social media strategy to see what works for your business. Be sure to contact us, it’s never too late to start!